Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Out And About: Eden Body Works Style With Eden Chicago!


Last Thursday I attended the Eden BodyWorks Style With Eden event where they presented  their new Coconut Shea Line hair care line. The evening started with a little mixing and  mingling and there were plenty of folks there that I've met over years because of natural hair.  There were also small bites and cocktails.
Then there was a panel discussion which ranged from Fashion to haircare.

The panelists were hair stylist Alecia Tucker-Perkins, Autumn Merritt of Sir & Madame boutique, and fashion stylist Aramide Esubi of The Sassy Peach. They offered plenty of tips for styling your outfits and your hair. They also talked about trends for spring and much  more. There were also models (Nikia and Rachel) wearing ensembles by Sir & madame boutique with hair styled by Alecia.

Next, Ylorie Anderson (VP of marketing at Eden BodyWorks) introduced us to the new Coconut Shea Line which consists of a cleansing cowash, leave-in conditioner, control edge glaze (gel), curl defining creme, and a pudding souffle. Then Alecia talked about how she used the Coconut Shea line to style the models' hair. She particularly raved about the leave-in conditioner which is on my to-try list.



Lastly,  goodie bags were passed out. They contained a full-size Coconut Shea product along with samples from  Eden BodyWorks' other lines. I got the full-size pudding souffle, samples of Peppermint tea tree shampoo, conditioner, and Jojoba monoi shampoo. While I have tried products from  Peppermint Tea Tree, I have yet to use any of the Jojoba Monoi products; I hear the deep conditioner is amazing. Must try it. And I can't wait to try my souffle.



 I had to jet right after I got my bag because a friend offered to give me a ride home and she needed to leave. Note, I don't pass up rides. Ever. Any chance to not take public transportation (CTA) is highly appreciated. So if one asks if I want a ride, the answer is always, of course.


Below is some random footage from event. It was my attempt to do something while I was there.
See, whenever I go to these things, I truly intend to take photos, tweet, FB, instagram, youtube and all that. But I just end up checking in via foursquare, making one lone tweet and maybe an Instagram. Sad, I know, but I promise to do better. Meanwhile, Briana of The Mane Source was there working all the social networking platforms. There is  photo of me somewhere on  her Instagram. And of course I hate the way I look in it. One day I'll master that glamour shot, lol.

You can follow @EdenBodyworks on FB, Twitter, and Instagram. Seach the hashtag #StyleWithEden to see more from this event.












                                         
                 



No comments:

Post a Comment