Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Favorite Mineral Makeup




Over the years I have tried many different foundations trying to find that perfect match. Liquids never gave the coverage I wanted and creams, cream to powder, and powder foundations were always to heavy. Plus my skin tends to be a bit oily and sensitive-so some of these foundations made me oilier and caused breakouts. Then I heard about mineral makeup and thought I would give it a try.

The first mineral foundation I tried (this was probably around the year 1999) was Bare Minerals. I was visiting Denver, Colorado and saw the Bare Escentuals store so I decided to go in and buy the foundation. I tried it for a few weeks and I liked the texture and the light feel. However, the shade didn't work for me. So I just went back to using my liquids and creams.

Years later,I started to search for other mineral foundations online. I came across 3 different companies that offered samples of their foundations and other color cosmetics. These companies were Youngblood cosmetics- ybskin.com, Sevi Cosmetics- sevicosmetics.com and Monave-monave.com. I bought samples of mineral foundation from all three companies and while I liked them all my favorite was from Youngblood.

The Younblood mineral foundation was light, smooth, and I found a shade that matched like no other foundation. Plus it has never caused me to breakout and you can build coverage without it looking too heavy. I have been using it for a couple of years and I always get complements on my skin. I also use their rice setting powder which is great for oily skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment