Thursday, October 11, 2012

Throwback Thursday! Natural Hair (Repost)

Hi all! This is a repost and not much has changed since I first posted.


It's been forever since I made any posts about my natural hair. In fact, I haven't posted anything since I told you all that I went natural. And that was over 2 years ago.  I have only shared some of the hair products that I like and the natural hair events that attended. Why haven't I shared anything in all this time? Well, I'm not a big fan of taking photos. And when I do take them, they always look awkward to me. So that pretty much keeps me from posting pictures of myself and progress of my hair. I do, however, have a few photos that I don't hate. So I will post them below with the approximate date.
Also, I don't have a rock solid regimen. I cleanse every 7-10 days (or as needed) and deep condition each time. Sometimes I pre-condition, henna, and try other treatments.  My go to styles are braidouts, twistouts, and I am still perfecting the wash and go.  My fave brands at the moment are Pura Body Naturals, Oyin Handmade, and Shea moisture. Though I am always trying new products and have plenty new brands on my to-try list.
On to the photos.

May 2009-When I decided I was going natural













January 2010




















June 2010
















September 2010-I twisted my hair for my cousin's wedding.































March 2011
















May 2011



















October 2011(photoshopped)





















December 2011 - Wish I had a powder puff handy when I took this one.
Othewise is like it. It was for Essence Magazine.
Braidout on moist hair. I can't remember which products I used.




















March 7th 2012 Braidout on damp hair




























































March 15th 2012 Braidout on moist, but not wet, hair






No comments:

Post a Comment