Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm Going Natural!!! Update: I'm Natural Now!

In my last post I informed you all that I was going natural. Well I am there now! On January 8, 2010 I cut my relaxed hair off and am now sporting a twa (teeny weeny afro). My decision to cut my hair on Jan. 8 was sort of on impulse; I initially wanted to wait until to February to do the big chop. However, I was looking in the mirror and just decided to go for it. Besides, I was tired of trying to blend the two textures (which I did unsuccessfully anyway and just resorted to wearing a tam). And I felt that I had enough growth to work with. So I snipped away and the beau trimmed it for me with his clippers.
I am very happy with my hair I'm glad I made this decision.
Here are few pics (taken with cellphone so a little blurry) of my hair:

My Chopped Ends
My Newly Natural Hair

7 comments:

  1. Heyo! I JUST did my BC on Sunday night. I posted my new pic this week as my post so stop on over. I'm so glad I did it and can't wait to see where my hair takes me. Your puff is so cute. How long did you transition? I'm so jazzed about all this and now I'm contemplating starting a natural blog as well and throwing my twa hat into the ring. We'll see... :o)

    My best, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaay!! Congrats!
    nnhbb.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for the nice comments. And @ Lynn I transitioned for about 8 months and congrats on your bc too. I am so glad to see many women of color embracing their natural hair texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! I assure you that you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair looks great!!

    I have always been natural, and I love it! It's a task but worth it :)

    And, I wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for the birthday wishes: )

    It really made my day!!

    ReplyDelete