Sunday, December 20, 2009

Smell Bent Perfumes Review !!!



I recently came across a new line of fragrances called Smell Bent (an indie, niche line created by Brent Leonesio). I checked out the fragrances online and they looked very interesting and out of the ordinary. The names, illustrations, and descriptions of the perfumes were humorous and witty. And the blends of scents/notes sounded a bit unusual so of course I had to try them. Besides I love trying products that are from indie companies ( especially those that think outside of the box and are a little offbeat).  I ordered about 6 samples and here are the ones I chose :

*Gelty Pleasures- sultry, spiced amber mixed with rich milk chocolate

Miss Panda-pikake flower, fresh soil, a bit of pink pepper and a twist of key lime

*Hippie Holidaze- a late night combo of tangerines, maple syrup and aged patchouli

Sunshine- sun warmed blood oranges over rich sandalwood, vanilla-drenched resins and a golden musk base

Commando-a motley crew of animal musks rounded out with a base of tonka bean absolute

Hungry Hungry Hippies-freshly baked pot brownies dusted with cassia over an earthy dose of finely aged patchouli



When I received my order I did not waste any time; I opened it up and started sampling. And I thought the scents were wonderful and was pleasantly surprised by how well I enjoyed them. My favorites were/are Gelty Pleasures, Sunshine, Commando, and Miss Panda.  And I must say that I have never been big on patchouli but I had to see what pot brownies, cassia, and patchouli (Hungry Hungry Hippies) smelled like in perfume form; I thought it was quite nice especially after it dried down a bit. I purchased my samples at Luckyscent.com, which carries only some of the available scents, so I must go back to Smell Bent to order a few more samples
(Blimey Limey, Incensed, Mama Cassis, and Debonair). And I will definitely be getting full sizes of some of my favorites in the near future and they are only $20 for 8ml .

Lastly, I want to mention that $10 of every bottle of *Felix Navidad sold goes directly to an organization called Under the Bridges which helps to feed the hungry.

Visit Smellbent.com , become a fan on Facebook, and follow them on Twitter.


Note: Perfume descriptions & illustrations are from Smell Bent's website

*One of 6 Limited Edition Holiday Scents that will be available until Jan. 1, 2010

2 comments:

  1. I too like the quirky illustrations and descriptions. The blends sound divine too. Indies are doing their thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Smell Goods Lady, indies are doing it. And I'm finding great stuff in every catergory. I rarely shop mass produced these days.

    ReplyDelete