Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Life Update: 08Liter, Etsy, and more!

Hey all! I know it’s been quite some time since I’ve updated here. I’m always going back and forth on whether I should keep this blog live, and then something brings me back. In this case, it’s products I’m hoping to receive and review soon. 

I have already started posting reviews that I’ve used via a platform called 08liter.com. It’s free to join and you get the chance to try and review products for low cost and sometimes free. And you don’t need to have a large following to get product-just 100 followers on social network (I think it’s just Instagram and Facebook) where you plan to review the products. I post those reviews on an Instagram page I made especially for this blog. It’s kinda my finsta where I only post product reviews, hauls, wishlist items, and food and drink products. I keep it very fluffy over there and I post fairly regularly. Unlike my personal Instagram where I barely post at all anymore. Anyway, I’m going to be posting more of those reviews here soon. 

As for my personal life, I’ve had another child (surprise), and this is the first place I’ve mentioned it. She was born May 24th of this year. And I honestly have had no energy or even desire to post this news or photos on social media. I think it has to do with the social climate-the pandemic and injustices of the world. Plus, I have a rambunctious toddler, so 
add a newborn and household duties, and you’ve got a drained mama. On top of all that, we’re planning to move. So we’re a little frazzled over here. Living life and adjusting to several new normals. And the months are just rolling by. I mean, it’s been two months already, and I haven’t shared my baby with the world lol. Oh well, perhaps soon. When I feel the time is right. 

In other news, I have pretty much stopped making jewelry and selling on Etsy. Or anywhere for that matter. In fact, I haven’t made or sold anything since early last year. I found it incredibly difficult to keep up with an extremely busy toddler, household, jewelrymaking, and the Etsy shop. My mental capacity was at tilt then. So now that there’s two children (and every thing else that’s going on), I don’t see jewelry happening any time soon. Besides, Etsy had been making some changes I didn’t care for, so I decided to put the shop on hiatus. And I’m almost certain I won’t be returning. I even gave away a lot of my supplies to friends (who also make jewelry). So if jewelrymaking is in my near future, I’ll have to pivot to something less labor-intensive and expensive than what I was doing. We shall see. Stay tuned!

p.s. I still have a small amount of inventory I’d love to sell here https://bit.ly/3g4NHhH

No comments:

Post a Comment