Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Quick & Simple Pre-Workout Snack Balls

I whipped up this quick snack the other day and thought I would share. I call it a pre-workout snack because that's basically how I use it. Of course you can eat them at anytime though. And this was not a well planned out recipe situation. I simply used items that were in my fridge and kinda threw them together. No measuring, just eyeballing.
Ingredients:
Granola (whole foods bulk)
Peanut Butter (Whole Foods 365 no sugar added)
Cacao Nibs
Coconut Oil
Flaxseed
Chia Seeds
Hemp Seed Hearts (Manitoba Harvest)
Cinnamon
Drizzle of honey to bind




I mixed all of the ingredients together and let the mixture sit in the fridge for a few hours. I them scooped spoonfuls of the mixture and rolled them into balls. And I had to add a drizzle of honey to mixture, before rolling, to help bind. Then,  I sprinkled a little more chia on the balls to make them less sticky.  And that was all. They taste great and give me the energy I need for a good workout.I will definitely make these again and a few other versions. I'm thinking dates, nuts, goji, some whole grains....There are so many possibilities.
Let me know what you think.



No comments:

Post a Comment