Monday, March 12, 2012

I Got My CurlBox!

 On Friday I received my very first Curlbox. And if you've haven't heard of Curlbox yet, it  is a subscription service (similar to Birchbox) that brings you samples of products dedicated to kinky, curly, coily, natural hair.  And in order to order the box, you need to be on their mailing list and they will send you an email to let you know when subscriptions are open. And subscriptions do sell out fast-usually within 24 hours.  The Curlbox costs $20 and  I think it's worth it. Especially if you are like me and love to try new products but are on a budget or don't want to be stuck with full size products that you don't like.
Here's  my box:



























































Shea Moisture Argan Oil and Raw Shea Butter Soap (Full Size)
Not exactly for hair but I was happy to see it. And I have loved Shea Moisture's Soaps since before they were popular. I've been wanting to try this argan oil one














Mahogany Roots Olive and Avocado Moisturizing Hair Butter (2 oz)
I've never heard of this brand. They're products look pretty good



















Curls Gel-les'c (2 single use  pouches)
I've used a few Curls products before. Haven't tried this one though.

















Ouidad Moisture Lock Leave In Conditioner (2 oz bottle)
I got this in my Birchbox a few months ago. It's ok, I didn't love it though.




















Beautiful Textures Curl Control Defining Pudding (s sample packets)
I got the chance to go the the introduction party for Beautiful Textures. I have tried most of the line and they work ok for my hair. I have other products that I like better though.
















Curl Care by Dr. Miracle Shampoo, Conditioner, Leave in Conditioner (sample packets)
















Brown Butter Beauty Sweet Milk Leave in Conditioner
Happy to see one of my fellow Etsians (people with Etsy shops) in the Curlbox. I've been wanting to try this too. I've tried an oil and butter that I liked.




















Ultra Sheen Supreme Super Smooth and Hold Flat Iron Protection Spray
I don't plan on straightening my hair anytime soon so I'll probably give this to my sister who has relaxed hair.

















Lustrasilk Curl Max (Enhanced with Argan Oil)  Curl Activator Moisturizer and Curl Pudding (4 Sample Packets)
I know a lady who swears by curl activator.She says that it keeps her hair moisturized.  I'll see if works as well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment