Thursday, December 29, 2011

WishList: Josie Maran Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation

I can remember buying self adjusting foundations back in the day and they never, ever, adjusted to my skin tone. I was always left with a whitish cast on my face that I couldn't blend away. And after trying several other self adjusting foundations (over the years), I had pretty much lost my curiosity about them - until now.

 I was in a Sephora store, just browsing of course, and I came across Josie Maran's Argan Matchmaker Serum Foundation which is a self-adjusting formula that starts off white and then adjusts to your skintone. Here is how it is described on Sephora's website:


'A serum foundation formulated with chameleon pigments, an innovative color-match technology that goes on white and instantly  adjusts to match your unique and changing natural skintone as it balances and nourishes the skin.'

There were 3 shades (fair/light, light/medium, medium/dark) and I tested the medium/dark shade on my hand.  I was surprised when it actually started to match my skin tone. The finish looked really nice and smooth and the color seemed to match my hand perfectly. I them dabbed a bit of the Argan Illuminizer of top of the foundation and it looked fabulous. I really want to try this out on my face and see if I get the same results. However, the foundation is approx. $42 and that's not in my budget, especially for one cosmetic item. So it'll stay on the wishlist for a while. 

photo souce: sephora.com

No comments:

Post a Comment