Monday, September 14, 2009

Renegade Craft Fair!



I went to the Renegade Craft Fair yesterday and really enjoyed walking around and browsing all of the vendors' crafts. I literally checked out every single booth; started at one end and worked my way around. And there were all types of crafts including, of course, jewelry, clothing, bath and body products, candles, stuffed animals, etc.... You name it, it was there. And I am always amazed at how creative people can get with their crafting especially those who make items out of recycled materials. For instance, there was a vendor who sold leather cuffs that were made of old belts, suitcases, purses, etc.. and that booth was getting tons of business.

Now, I did not have much of budget to spend so I ended up buying what I always buy and that is smell goods (which are usually the cheapest things you can buy). There were several booths selling soaps, lotions, etc... and I visited them all but I only bought from two of them: Rinse, and Squeaky Queen. At Rinse I bought the Body Bliss Nectar in the nectar fragrance, and at Squeaky Queen I bought the Beer Soap. Both items smell really great and I can't wait to use them.

Overall I had a nice time and it was a really beautiful day in Chicago (unlike last years 2 straight days of rain for Renegade). And I picked up tons of ideas for displaying my jewelry at shows and got some inspiration too.

Note: Here are a few of the vendors that I thought were really cool






No comments:

Post a Comment