Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Birchbox 2012

I got this month's Birchbox, so let me show you what I got. And if you're not sure what Birchbox is all about, check out last month's post HERE. Now, on to the box.













































From top left to right:
1. Birchbox magnet
   
2. Viva La Juicy by Juicy Couture spray vial sample
    I gave this to my 9 year old niece - not a fan. And if you've been following me for a while,
    you know that I favor oils, roller-ball, and solid fragrances.
    I like to check etsy, LuckyscentindiescentsSmell Bent, Smell Goods, and other indies for fragrances.

3.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Larabar Mini Bar
     Pretty good! I've had these bars before and I like them pretty much

4. VMV Hypoallerginics Re-Everything: Face-Hand-Body Lotion
    I liked this well enough. It's supposed to be an all over lotion but I haven't tried it on my face yet.
    The description on Birchbox's website says:

      "This silky lotion is the rare all-in-one product that meets our highest standards. The natural formula is free of all the most common skin allergens — 76 of them, to be exact — as well artificial fragrances, dyes, parabens, or preservatives. On the flip side, it’s packed with gentle exfoliators and antioxidants that leave skin incredibly soft from head to toe. Note: Your other body lotions may experience intense jealousy."


Sounds promising! I'll see how I like it and let you know. Oh and the sample size is 1oz and the full size is approx. 6.25oz  for $45.


















5.Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash
I've actually tried this before and didn't love it. My skin is pretty finicky so I'm never surprised when products don't agree it. I'll give it another try though. I must mention that this 1.4 oz sample and the full size is $19.50 for 5oz so that's a generous sample.

6. stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner
This is a full size liner which retails for $20. I got the color Peacock which is described as a
shimmery azure. I do like this color a lot. I'll see how it wears soon. Below is a swatch on my hand.












And here's just a little card they included that shared some mini detox tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment