Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Volunteering For Chicago Cares Serve-A-Thon!


Every year, for the past 17 years, Chicago Cares has hosted a day of service called the Serve-a-thon.  And this year I have decided to take part in it. On June 12, I and many other volunteers will meet at Soldier Field and then disperse to various Chicago Public Schools to revitalize and beautify (painting, building playgrounds, organizing libraries, etc...). And I must mention that I have been a member of Chicago Cares for a few months but I have not really done any volunteering yet. So when one of my twitter friends mentioned  they were starting a team for the Serve-a-thon and needed volunteers I jumped on it.

Now that I am team member I am supposed to recruit more volunteers and solicit donations. Our teams' goal for donations is $1000 and each member is personally challenged to raise $150. So far I have raised $20 with ten dollars being my own money. And the other $10 came from @Paintboxsoaps of Paintbox Soapworks  (you should check out this shop - great soaps and other products).

I am really hoping we reach our team goal and I want to reach my goal too. So in the next few days I am going to tweet, email, and update facebook asking people to volunteer and/or donate to our team so that we can help make Chicago Public Schools a little better. And I plan to make a larger donation too. Every little bit counts

If you would like to volunteer or  make a donation here is the link to our team page:
http://chicagocares.kintera.org/faf/search/searchTeamPart.asp?ievent=347877&team=3768483

And Here is my personal member page:
http://chicagocares.kintera.org/serve-a-thon2010/jazjewelz

3 comments:

  1. What a great thing to be involved in. All my best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Jasmine. Volunteering is a place where my heart lies. Happy for you, that you have this opportunity. All the best! Itiel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks @Lori and @SmellGoodsLady I am really looking forward to volunteering for this event and others.

    ReplyDelete