Tuesday, January 5, 2010

RIP Mrs. Eunice Johnson!!!!


Yesterday I received a text from my friend informing me that Mrs. Eunice Johnson had passed away. This holds significance to me because I worked as a wardrobe assistant (my first real job after college) for the Ebony Fashion Fair which is the largest traveling fashion show in the world. I met with and interviewed with Mrs. Johnson for this position and was sooo happy that I got the job. And over the years I have worked on and off as a wardrobe assistant for Ebony Fashion Fair and can remember Mrs. Johnson being very involved (even in her later years) in putting the show together. I made so many friends and have so many memories thanks to Ebony Fashion Fair so thank you Mrs. Johnson and may God rest your soul!!!

Here is a clip of an interview with Mrs. Johnson from the Ebony Fashion Fair website.

And please peruse the Ebony Fashion Fair site if you would like to learn more about Mrs. Johnson and her legacy. She was truly a trailblazer and pioneer in the African American community and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment