On June 9-10, The Makeup Show will return to Chicago for it's third straight year. The Makeup Show is the largest pro-driven event bringing together celebrity makeup artists, beauty professionals, educators, students, bloggers, and more . This year's show will feature 6 keynote speakers, over 75 beauty brands, 20 seminars, and 8 hands-on workshops.
This will be my first time attending the show and I'm super excited to check it out. I'm especially looking forward to checking out many of the brands that will be exhibiting their current lines and new products. And although I'd be considered an enthusiast instead of a professional, I'm very much interested in the seminars and presentations as well. I'm expecting to have a fab time. I'll make as many updates as I can during the show via twitter and instagram . And of course, a follow-up post. Stay tuned!
Here's a look at the artists, their brands and what they'll sharing in the various workshop, seminars, and keynote presentations:
- I Make You Beautiful - Danessa Myricks is owner of I Make You Beautiful and Director of Product Innovations and Marketing at Benefit Cosmetics. Not only will her cosmetic line be available at The Makeup Show Chicago, but attendees will be able to join Danessa in exclusive hands-on workshops that covers the “Fundamentals of Complexion and Contour” and “Makeup for Photography”. Danessa has worked on video and/or print projects for Fantasia, Britney Spears, Madonna, Ciara, Mario, Chris Brown, Bow Wow, Shontelle, Jazzmayne Sullivan, Angela &Vanessa Simmons, Jordan Sparks, Enrique Iglesias, Chris Rock, TI, and more.
- AJ Crimson Beauty – Celebrity makeup artist AJ Crimson is one of today’s premier makeup artists. He has worked with an impressive clientele list including Fergie, Missy Elliot, and Keyshia Cole (to name a few) and has been featured in magazines around the world! This experience in the industry makes AJ Crimson Beauty a natural choice for makeup artists and beauty enthusiasts to add to their beauty kit!
- London Brush Company – Sian Richards is an Internationally recognized, award winning artist, business owner, beauty expert and mother. She has personally fine tuned and honed the design of each of the brushes in her line which has been used on the faces of celebrities including Halle Berry, Melanie Griffith, Naomi Watts and many more.
- Eve Pearl Beauty – Makeup Master, Brand Owner, Celebrity Artist, Educator and 5 time Emmy Award winner Eve Pearl has a made a name for herself as one of the best in the business. With over 18 years of experience in television, film, theatre and print her products are sure to be amongst the best. Don't miss Eve in her keynote, too as she will share how she started EVE PEARL brand from the ground up and offer pros and cons of starting a makeup line.
- Z Palette – Founder and makeup artist Zena Schteysel has beautified clients including Kim Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, Melissa Joan Hart and Brooke Burke, to name a few. Over the years Zena has carried around enormous makeup kits, spent hours consolidating, organizing and transferring things into smaller containers and palettes just to make her makeup kits lighter and more efficient. To solve this time consuming process, Zena developed Z Palette, the ultimate customizable makeup palette.
- Crystal Wright Live – Have you always dreamed of a career in makeup, hair and fashion styling? Crystal Wright is a self-help author, educator, motivational speaker and advisor to freelance styling professionals. She is an internationally recognized expert on the subject of career building and marketing for beauty professionals and regularly appears as a guest speaker and educator at fashion and beauty trade shows, and events.
The Makeup Show will be held at the Bridgeport Art Center located at 1200 W. 35th street on July 9-10 from 9am-5pm. For a complete list of participating brands, educational speakers, schedule of events and prices, please visit www.themakeupshow.com.