Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I've Been Juicing!

For the past week I have been juicing in the morning. And although I have juiced before, it has always been very random. Mostly because I have serious issues with leaving all the pulp behind. Like seriously! It feels like such a waste of good produce when I'm cleaning out the juicer. I hate thinking about the nutrients I'm missing out on. I even tried to make a facial mask out of some of the pulp before.  And my juicer is not the best one on the market so it probably leaves more pulp/fiber than other newer/better juicers.  However, my interest in juicing again has been piqued and I have a couple of bloggers (Bree and Toyaboo2) to thank. They have both done a reboot juicing challenge where they replace meals with juice for 10 consecutive days. And while I am not doing the challenge, I have been juicing every morning for the past 7 or 8 days.

The juice in the photo was created with the entire produce section. Lol. Well, that's exaggerating but I put lots of fruits and veggies and this one including: kale, cabbage, parsley, cilantro, beets, celery, pear, grapes, cucumber, key lime, kumquat, and orange. And I took the photo of it because I thought the colors were so pretty. I've been basically making this same juice everyday with a few variations here or there.

I really like juices that I have been making and I'm starting to look forward to making and drinking the juices. Still not in love with the cleaning process and losing all those nutrients. So, if someone wants to buy me a vitamix, let me know. Meanwhile, I'll continue juicing with my hand-me-down Hamilton Beach Healthsmart. Besides, you have to start where you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment