Friday, March 4, 2011

I Used To Hate Patchouli but.......

I used to really hate patchouli. I, along with many others, associated patchouli with hippies, incense, and mary jane. Plus, I had daily contact with a couple people (a classmate and coworker) who wore what seemed like a whole bottle of it everyday. And that just made me dislike it more. However, I began to research essential oils that were good for skin and patchouli was one of them. Here are a some of the properties and skin benefits of  patchouli essential oil:
  • Anti-bacterial
  • Anti-fungal
  • Anti-inflammatory
  • Helps to heal acne, dermatitis, and acne
  • Tones and tightens the skin
  • Regenerates skin cells
  • Helps to heal cuts and wounds
  • Helps to regulate oily skin
  • Help to heal dry cracked skin 
All of these benefits sounded great to me so I decided to give it a try.  I first used it as a toner (diluted a few drops with  plenty water). Then I started to experiment with adding 1 or 2 drops  to moisturizers, oils, creams, and sometimes masks.  And after using it for a few weeks, I definitely saw improvements in my skin tone and my usually oily skin was a little less shiny. I also noticed that it helped as a spot treatment for occasional breakouts. I was quite pleased with these results and I continue to use patchouli in my skincare regime.

















Disclaimer: Please note that the results I experienced may not be the same for others and please always use caution when using essential oils as some oils may increase skin sensitivity.

No comments:

Post a Comment