Wednesday, July 8, 2009

500 Days Of Summer Review

Last night I was able to view a free movie (screening) thanks to the Beau winning us tickets. The name of the movie is 500 Days of Summer and I guess you could call it a romantic comedy-but it's it's a little more quirky and offbeat than the usual Hollywood type of romantic comedy. It's basically about a guy named Tom (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) who totally believes in true love, fate, soul mates,etc.... Tom falls in love with a gal named Summer (Zooey Deschanel) who does not believe in those things (true love, fate, etc..). Over a period of 500 days the story of their relationship is told but not in a consecutive or linear fashion but in random order. For instance, day 300 might be shown before day 1 or day 2. And I really liked that aspect of the movie because it seemed to keep the story fresh and unpredictable. Overall I really liked the movie and I would definitely recommend anyone but especially to those who like unconventional films.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a film I would be interested in. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a few other offbeat films and he is really a good actor.

    This film looks interesting - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete