Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Swap-O- Rama-Rama! What A Great Idea!!

Recently I have been doing some cleaning and de-stashing of all my arts and craft supplies. And I have tons of it. I've got beads that I am probably never going to use again. I also have fabric, trim, embroidery floss, and crochet needles that I bought (with good intentions) but never used. And now it is time to just get rid of it all. While I was trying to figure out what to do with all this stuff I made a tweet about it. And one of my fellow twitterers sent me a link to something called
Swap-O-Rama-Rama which is basically a bunch of clothing swaps/diy workshops that take place in my area . All you have to do is bring some clothes to swap, make a donation ($20 is suggested but not mandatory), and you can take part in diy workshops to make new items out of old clothes. And they have sewing machines, tools, silk screens, and overseers to help you make your items. Cool right? Plus they take donations of craft materials and tools so I am definitely going to contact them soon about donating. And I just might take part in a workshop too. I will keep you all posted.


Beads Destash-
Only the tip of the iceberg

Embroidery floss

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Your blog came up on a Google Alert I've got set up for Swap-O-Rama-Rama. I'm the organizer for the Swap-O-Rama-Rama Chicago! I'm so glad you heard about us! Thanks for spreading the word about the event in your blog! I do hope you'll come, and we will be happy to take any of your craft supplies or old clothes off your hands. The event is so much fun - just a clothing, crafting explosion! And you don't have to limit yourself to just one workshop - there will be dozens throughout the weekend and everyone at the swap gets unlimited access to all of our crafting stations, supplies and workshops! So bring some clothes (and friends!) and plan to spend the day making, swapping, learning and meeting amazing, crafty Chicagoans like yourself!

    -Katie Hawkey Swindler
    Organizer, Swap-O-Rama-Rama Chicago

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katie will definitely be stopping by soon with craft donations and I will check out a few workshops too. This is such a great idea and sounds like a lot of fun too. Plus I love meeting other crafty people.

    ReplyDelete